"The past is history, the future a mystery, but the present is a gift."
Welcome at Lindenwirt
Our farm history
The farm Lindenwirt exists since 1858 and has changed ownership several times. 1939 the two dictators Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini came to an agreement. South Tyroleans were faced with the "Option" of remaining at home and becoming entirely Italianised, or of moving into the German Reich. The previous owners from the Lindenwirt emigrated to Germany and in 1956, Franz Reifer bought the farm from the Italian State.
Franz managed the farm and also a inn with his wife Marianne. The family kept a few of cows and chickens. 2001 Franz handed over the farm to his son Philipp. Previously a dairy farm, he decided to convert the farm to growing berries, and he works occasionally in a painting company.
In 2016, the house was completely renovated. Now the family is living in the new build attic apartment. We also opened our farm shop, where we sell our fresh fruits, seasonal vegetables and South Tyrolean specialities. At Lindenwirt we grow strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and some cherries.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Philipp, Barbara and our daughter Selina